Tuesday, January 3, 2012

eBay finds: Corsets


Corsets. I love them. They are fancy and make you stand up very straight and are like a delicious little secret you giggle to yourself about ALL DAY LONG. 

I've been watching Downton Abbey…again…and when I saw this one on Mary, I screamed very loud. In my head. (I had company.)




So…I started scouring the internets for Edwardian costume-y stuff…and inevitably ended up on a vintage window-shopping tear on eBay. If you are persistent and patient, and can justify spending a small wad of money on antique clothing that you might never model outside your boudoir…you can find some pretty cool stuff. Like this:

Vintage, Antique Ladies Silk Corset/Girdle

Antique 1910's JCC Underbust Corset w/Lace, Garter Buckles 


Antique Unworn Underbust, Waist Cincher Corset,Insertion Lace, Steel c. 1905 



White Bon Ton Model 881Working Woman's LonglineCorset Busk Closure c. 1905

Neat, huh? eBay vintage fashion is a serious time-sink of mine...You can find garments in varying quality from the Victorian age (pre-1901! ) well into the 1990s. But who cares about the 90s...that just happened. Why is the 90s vintage already? Jeez. 

Have fun. Don't bid on the first one. I got dibs!